Grange Farmhouse, Ingbirchworth, Yorkshire. We do not yet know the date that this house was built but it has an inscription over the front door which reads 'John Micklethwait owned this house in 1624'. It is quite possible that it was also owned by his father (born 1546) & possibly by his grand-father (died 1594) & his great grandfather (1490 - 1544). This house is now known as 'The Grange'.
The great gandfather had 4 sons all of whom were described as being 'of Ingbirchworth'. So far we have traced 3 houses in Inbirchworth that were owned by the family at this time - this one & the two that follow. It seems likely that the elder son lived in this house in the second half of the 16th Century.